Poppy Seed Chicken
This is a new recipe that I just tried last night. It's good because it's one of those recipes where you can just add however much you want of all the ingredients, depending on how you like it. It's probably not the healthiest recipe, but whatever!
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 large can (or 2 sm cans) cream of chicken soup
1 lrg sour cream (approx. 1 ¼ pint)
3 pkgs Ritz crackers (crumbled)
2 sticks margarine
3 T. poppy seeds
Place chicken in bottom of 9x13 pan. Mix soup and sour cream. Pour over chicken. Mix crackers with melted margarine. Put on top of soup mixture. Sprinkle poppy seeds on top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Serve over rice.
That's the actual recipe I got from my friend. It's just Del and I in our house, and Del doesn't really do leftovers, so I decided to "halve" the recipe. So here's what I did:
I actually used 2 cans of canned chicken, because I was in a hurry.
I used 1 can of cream of chicken soup, and a little less than half a tub of sour cream.
I used 1 package of ritz crackers, and probably about a half a stick of margarine.
I probably only used about 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds, and I thought it wa plenty for the amount that I cooked.
It was good. I think if I was going to make it again, though, I would use MORE ritz crackers than the one package I used, and I probably wouldn't mix the crackers with butter. I would just crush them up and put them on top before you bake it. Then when you put it over the rice and start mixing everything together, the crackers would still be a little crunchy. But I'm a big fan of crunchy stuff, so that's just my opinon.
The poppy seeds give it an interesting flavor. My husband LOVED it, and he's pretty picky. Let me know if you like it!
1 comments:
I've been making this recipe for YEARS and everyone I make it for really likes it, and like you said, it's very easy. Yum!
Post a Comment