Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Chicken Salad II

I concocted this salad one day and we love it! I think the dressing makes the difference- so don't use something else! :)

2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 head red leaf or romaine lettuce
vegetables of choice (tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, etc._
1/2 package of shake and bake (I like the pork flavor, but I use it with chicken...go figure)
Grandma's Salad Dressing

Cut thawed chicken into thin strips and cover in shake and bake. Bake according to shake and bake directions. Combine vegetables and place warm, cooked chicken on top and serve with Grandma's Salad Dressing.

Grandma's Salad Dressing
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
Combine all ingredients in a large jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake until the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate and shake well before using.

0 comments: