Bird's Nest
Pardon the poor picture Quality. I am not a photographer but thougth you all might want to see what this recipe looks like when done.
8 Bread Slices
8 Eggs
Salt
Pepper
Honey
Cinnamon
Butter the sliced bread on one side.
Place as many slices as desired on a greased cookie sheet, buttered side up.
Using round cookie cutter, cut a hole in the middle of bread, set cutouts aside.
Crack a raw egg into each cut out circle, salt & pepper to taste.
Spread honey & cinnamon on the reserved cut outs, place on the cookie sheet.
Bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
And, for those watching calories it is 173 per serving!!!
2 comments:
We used to make this on camping trips when I was a little girl. I loved it!! We used to just cook it in a frying pan rather than in the oven. You could make a lot more at once in the oven! Thanks for the reminder!
FYI-If you cook it in a frying pan you need to flip it halfway through- just like if you were making an over easy egg.
Post a Comment