Bow-Tie Chicken Pasta
This is a great side dish for a pot luck, or a picnic, or a BBQ. It's really easy, and it has that sweet/salty taste to it.
1 pkg. Bow-Tie pasta (cooked)
1 bottle Hidden Valley Cole Slaw Dressing
1 C. red grapes (cut in 1/2)
1 C celery (chopped)
1 Granny Smith Apple (chopped)
6 green onions (chopped)
1 can cashews
1 can Pineapple bits
3 chicken breasts (boiled and chopped)
You just throw this all together and you're done. Make sure you chill it in the frige for a bit before you actually dig in -- it makes the taste really settle and it gets the cashews a little on the soft side which makes an excellent texture contrast in your mouth! :)
1 comments:
I made this last night and my husband LOVED it! I made it as the main dish, and I grilled the chicken instead of boiling it. We loved all the different ingredients mixed together. I actually couldn't find coleslaw dressing when I was in the store (I was in a hurry) so I just used a little bit of ranch, and also used some of the pineapple juice. It was delicious! Actually, I mixed all the ingredients together, except for the pasta. I took some of the goodies and put it over lettuce for myself, (since I'm on a diet!) and then added the pasta to the rest of the ingredients for Del, since he is on a "gain weight" diet. haha! In any case, two thumbs up!
Post a Comment