Thursday, April 17, 2008

I stink at cooking fish!

Hey girls! I love fish and I know it is super healthy. But I really am bad at cooking it. I dream of the day that I can cook up a salmon fillet like the one at Outback Steakhouse! I only have one good recipe that we like and that's only because it's covered in creamy sauce. Other than that it always tastes gross unless we slather on the tartar sauce. Can someone please help me?! PS- I think that when we get a BBQ Grill some day that it will really help me out in the fish department, but for now we don't have one so recipes of delicious grilled fish will only make me jealous. :)

1 comments:

Sven & Trin said...

Hey Kelli, I don't particularly like fish, but Sven's step-dad is a fisherman so we get a ton of fresh salmon. My favorite way of cooking it is:

Lay out aluminum foil on cookie sheet and spray with non-stick. Then, for every fillet you have, put a fairly thick slice of tomato on foil. Top tomato with fillet, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then top fillet with another slice of tomato, then a slice of lemon. Sprinkle with parsley. Wrap the fish up with foil to make a sealed pouch.

Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes. Serve as is (except the bottom tomato) and maybe a small pad of butter on top.

*Be carefull when you open the pouch, that steam is hot!