Black Bean Lasagna
I tried this recipe for the first time a couple nights ago and Del and I both loved it! I was a little surprised Del liked it so much because he's kinda picky. The beans add a different texture and flavor, some people might not like it.
9 lasagna noodles
2 (15 oz.) can black beans – rinsed and drained
½ C. chopped onion
½ C. chopped green pepper
2 cloves garlic – minced
2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
¼ C. chopped cilantro
1 12 oz. container cottage cheese
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
¼ C. sour cream
Boil noodles (I buy the pre-cooked kind). Mash one can of beans to make a paste. Set aside. In a large skillet with olive oil add onions, green peppers and garlic. Cook until tender. Add mashed beans, unmashed beans, tomato sauce and chopped cilantro. Heat through. In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese and sour cream. In a baking dish put a little of the bean mixture on the bottom. Layer with noodles, more bean mixture, cottage cheese mixture and noodles again. Repeat layers. Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes.
1 comments:
This is great! I love having a different type of protein so I don't always have to use meat.
Post a Comment