Friday, October 26, 2007

Pizza Dough

Yes, this is the recipe for my mom's famous home-made pizza. I also use this for breadsticks or doughnuts.

1 C. warm water For a basic chicken pizza sauce:
1 Tbl. yeast 4 Tbl. cream of chicken soup (w/o water added)
1 Tbl. sugar 1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbl. oil
3 C. flour

Dissolve yeast in water. Add suger, salt and oil. Add flour. Mix until dough is smooth. Let it rise until double in size. Makes 1 large pizza. Bake crust for 5 min. at 400* and then pull it out and add toppings. This just makes sure that it cooks all the way through. Don't worry if you forget to. I do it all the time and it turns out fine. Be creative with your pizzas and have fun. Emily loves to make her own little pizza. I made a chicken, bacon pizza last time. You can do chicken/basil, chicken bbq, pepperoni, veggitarian, meat lovers. We love pizza and this is WAY cheaper than ordering our favorite Pizza Hut Pizza.

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

I love your mom's pizza! I'm always to scared to try her dough for fear I will mess it up...I will give it another shot. I don't think I've made pizza since the day I went into labor. Remember how we both went into labor after making pizza...must be hard work! :)

Leslie Pond said...

It is hard to mess it up since you don't really have to do much. I sometimes can't get my mixer get it off the sides because this is the recipe cut in half so I just put a few drops of water while it is mixing so that it get the flour wet. Anyways, Maybe it was the exercise from rolling the dough that did the trick.:-) I still can't believe that's what you were doing when you went into labor.